Friday, September 27, 2013

A TRIP TO THE GRAND TETONS (well, sort of....) ~ Lisabongzee's Island Dream Life


We haven’t been back to the mainland in quite a few years now, and I am actually starting to miss it a bit. I decided to try something new, paint-wise, and attempt a few scenes of the Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming. We were there in 2009 and 2010 on backcountry camping trips, and our photos bring back great memories. But painting these scenes was challenging. Rugged granite mountaintops and rolling hills of colorful wildflowers differ quite a bit from tropical palm trees and turquoise water! Even the sky is a different shade of blue than our Hawaii sky. It turned out to be a lot of fun though, and I am glad I tried something new. Plus, I got to spend a “virtual” week back at the Grand Tetons!
ALOHA!

Grand Tetons wildflowers
6x6 Palette Knife

Grand Tetons pasture
6x6 Palette Knife

Grand Tetons Backcountry
Fox Creek Pass heading past Fossil Mountain to Death Shelf
6x6 Palette Knife

Mahalo for taking the time to view my artwork.

ALOHA FROM HAWAII !


Follow my latest work on FACEBOOK


Lisabongzee's Island Dream Life Website


No comments: