Sunday, February 15, 2009

Small mixed-media paintings by Leah Felicity


I've been working on a whole series of small aceo-paintings in a mixture of different media.

My favorites are the ones (the upper right corner for example) that are collaged, inked, then painted and colored pencil some more. I took individually painted strips, collaged them together, and mod-podged them onto sturdy cardstock. Then I took trusty ink pens and sketched illustrations on top of that. My final touches were in watercolor, acrylic, and colored pencil. Tilting them from the side reveals a bumpy, multilayered surface with shiny parts and dull parts, some parts that are more built up than others, and some paint strokes that are thicker than others.

It makes me really happy to work all of that complicated love into such a small area.

1 comment:

sojournquilts said...

Really cool to see these altogether. Colorful. Fanciful. Lovely!