Sunday, October 20, 2013

PLANTATION HOUSE PLETHORA Lana'i, Hawaii ~ Lisabongzee's Island Dream Life


I have been painting on the island of Lana'i for the past two weeks and having a wonderful time!
Lana'i City is filled with the colorful and characteristic little Plantation Style houses that I love so much, and driving up and down the streets with row after row of them, it does feel like you have stepped back in time. Even though I am so inspired by them, I rarely paint them because with a palette knife it is not the easiest thing to do. But I was determined on this trip to make them my main painting subjects, so I got to work. The first few paintings were quite frustrating. A friend of mine once said "Painting with a palette knife is like trying to paint with a brick." That pretty much summed up how I felt too, and was ready to throw that brick right out the window! But I kept going, and by about my 5th Plantation House painting, things started to click. I still have a bit more time here, and hopefully I have turned that brick into something that will let me paint what I really love.....My "Dream Hale's" !


Mahalo for taking the time to view my artwork.

ALOHA FROM LANA'I !


Follow my latest work on FACEBOOK


Lisabongzee's Island Dream Life Website

No comments: