Friday, November 30, 2012

"GARDEN TOOLS WITH SUN HAT" Watercolor Painting by Barbara Rosenzweig


Barbara Rosenzweig
Fine Art Reproduction
Available at my Etsy Shop
 

I love the creative process of gardening. Both my mother and grandmother were gardeners who inspired me. The tools in this painting are theirs and I love the beauty of the rust. This art print of my original watercolor would make a marvelous addition to your sun room or the perfect gift for the gardener in your life!

I thought that you would like to see how I create my watercolor paintings. After starting with a photograph of the still life on my kitchen table that captures the light at that moment, I begin to paint. The green ribbon on my hat blended too much with the greens in the background, so I changed it to red. Decision time begins when I have to plan what type of surface I want my leather gardening glove, rusty gardening tools, and straw sun hat to rest on. At first, I have to admit that I was timid. I wanted it to be a wooden bench, but was not real adventuresome about the colors of the wood. Finally, as you can see in the finished painting at the top, I threw away all inhibitions!









Not quite done. Check the top finished photo to see the refinements.
I'd love to hear your reactions to my latest watercolor painting!
 
 
 

No comments: