Friday, February 17, 2012

Outside My Window



"Outside My Window"

Patricia Christensen

36" x 11"
Mixed Media ~ Acrylic, Inks, Oils, Rice Paper Collage

The painting above was specifically painted to enter the state-wide 13th Black & White Competition at the Eccles Community Art Center in Ogden, Utah. This is a juried show and 240 works were accepted in the exhibit. I was thrilled to just have mine in the show.

There are many beautiful pieces of art in all mediums including photography
in this exhibit which runs for the month of February.


I feel it is a challenge to be limited to black & white and not have a depressing, gloomy result. My goal was to show a moment of peace among creatures that are not known to like each other. They are all visitors in the trees around our home. This is part of a tree outside my second store studio window. If you are familiar with Magpies you know they are not the most lovable birds but are very beautiful with striking markings. Crows are everywhere
and Chickadees are loved by everyone.


No comments: