Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Making of Something Beautiful - Part One

First panel (painting) in the triptych series "Oak Leaf Glory"
12" x 12" original acrylic painting
This is the first painting in my latest triptych, "Oak Leaf Glory". I wanted to depict the life cycle of the great oak, from the strong first growth of green to it's final golden glory. I decided to use it's leaves to illustrate this. I use a variety of green pigments, yellow, and iridescent green. The colors shift and glow as you walk around the painting and as light conditions change from day to night and evening lighting. Stay tuned for the next two panels in the coming week and when it's complete will be available at my Etsy store.

1 comment:

artangel said...

Those leaves are such a fab shape, and the greens really eye-catching!