Thursday, December 29, 2011

Brenda Swenson' "75 Day Sketch Challenge"

I have recently decided to take part in Brenda Swenson's "75 Day Sketch Challenge".  The purpose of this challenge is to build observation and drawing skills.  Each participant sketches one drawing a day for 75 days using only pen and ink ... no pencils or erasers allowed.

I have just finished my eighteenth ink sketch and I am finding my confidence growing.  It truly is a challenge not to make a pre-sketch in pencil, ink over the lines and then erase all pencil marks.

If you'd like to see Day 1 through 17 sketches, you can view them on my Flickr Photostream. in my "75 Day Sketch Challenge" Album.

"Day Eighteen 12/28/2011"

I invite you to join in on this challenge.  It really is a lot of fun and you
may find you are capable of more than you give yourself credit for.

Happy New Year!
Karen Anne Brady