Friday, October 21, 2011

"Twin Horned Toad Lizards"

I have illustrated zentangle inspired salmon, flounder, crawdads, and geckos ... last week my husband asked me to create a zentangle inspired drawing featuring Horned Toad Lizards, when he was a young lad he had one as a pet and he really likes them! Well, I will tell you, this was one of the hardest drawings I have ever done! It took over two days of sketching before I finally came up with a shape that he was happy with and wow, was he ever particular! I am happy to say, we are still married!

So here you go .... Jim's "Twin Horned Toad Lizards"

Happy Day!
Karen Anne

4 comments:

artangel said...

Fabulous line and detail, quite hypnotic to look at!

Lisa Rivas said...

Beautiful piece! It was well worth it - congratulations!

Aguilar Elliot said...

love the background and detail on this piece.

Unknown said...

Incredible, love the detail, and love horny toads, I know there is a different name, but that's what we called them when we were kids