Saturday, January 15, 2011

Heart designs


Renaissance, Vintage Inspired Heart
(copyright watermarks do not appear in actual product)

I have been making a number of heart designs since the new year began (as well as starting many art projects I haven't finished: a particular weakness of mine, since when working on one piece, my mind gets flooded with ideas and visions and I start other pieces, then feel guilty about the piece I left behind: these got finished despite all of the usual distractions).

This one is my favorite of the bunch. It reminds me of a fine embroidery. I liked the orange background too (a little different twist than the usual valentine theme).

Here is another one with a slightly lighter, more pinkish background with a more inked heart:


Gothic Inspired Heart
(copyright watermarks do not appear in actual product)

What I mean by "gothic" is probably more the olde world gothic than the modern term (as it is not supposed to be too dark or gloomy). At any rate, it is a heart for Mr. Rochester (of Jane Eyre) because his heart was complex: he seems to have been delighting in Jane's longing and suffering for him in the beginning before pronouncing his love for her, he had been around the block a few times before meeting her and it was laden with suffering, vulnerabilities and a passionate love for Jane.

The original came from this piece which I made in 2008 (which I found too boring as is-- just too cutesy for my taste):


the original heart

The first one is up in my Etsy shop as a 8.5 x 11 print (with greeting cards in the same design) and the second one will be up in my store shortly (also as a print). 

links:

1 comment: