Sunday, November 21, 2010

Eureka! "The Letters E & U" ....

EUreka!  With the completion of "The Letter E" and "The Letter U" I have finished "The Alphabet Series"!

I began my quest to complete a zentangle alphabet series on 9/18/2010 and finished this project on 11/21/2010.  One letter takes approximately 2 to 3 days to complete.  Many a day I would wake around 6AM and be so drawn to the letter I was illustrating that I would work on it until 5 or 6PM that evening.  Each letter has been lovingly drawn using India Ink on plain white paper, then carefully cut out.  After which I painted a water color background and applied the completed letter to the dried water color.  

I have listed the letters "E" and "U" in My Etsy Shop available with color backgrounds and plain white backgrounds as authorized art prints (8"x10") and Open Edition ACEO's (2.5"x3.5").  

So, with no further ado, I happily share with you ....




Happy Day!


3 comments:

IrelandBrady said...

Thank you for having shared this journey with me ...

LuLu said...

Congratulations!

That is a lot of work - I've created some zentangles, too.

Pat yourself on the back!

Peace,
LuLu

IrelandBrady said...

Thank you, LuLu! Aren't zentangles just amazingly addictive?!