Monday, March 8, 2010

Lauren Maurer Art - Watercolor and charcoal vintage dress paintings at Laurens Paint Palette


I have a thing for vintage dresses. Lauren, of Dear Golden was nice enough to let me use the photographs of the gorgeous dresses that she's got in her Etsy shop (http://www.etsy.com/shop/DearGoldenVintage) to paint! I painted them with charcoal and watercolor on 300lb Arches cold press, and I think I may do them again in acrylic, and pen and watercolor on 140lb is in the works... I love the simplicity of the photographs that she takes, and think that maybe a series of paintings of dresses would be nice for a bedroom, maybe?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

had to post a comment on this one - i absolutely love these and i'm a sucker for vintage dresses, too... i think these would look great in a bedroom or even a bath if they were sealed and behind glass...

Kathryn Dyche said...

So pretty, I especially love the blue one.

Anonymous said...

those are great....i love watercolour...there's something so free and fun about it...

ciao bella
carmelina

Emily Clarke said...

These are gorgeous! I wear vintage all the time. Great job!

Renee Troy said...

Love vintage and this small series of paintings.