Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

I made this little mixed media collage in the name of LOVE...hence it's name, AMORE!

Looking into my bag of treasures and found these very old pieces of photographs that depicted red roses on them. They were scraps from a photo class I took while in college; just bad prints that my friend didn't want and she was so nice as to let me keep them. So, this roses where just right as focal point for this piece.

I glued the ripped photographs into a piece of watercolor paper measuring 8.5"h x 10.5"w. I added pieces of hand-made paper and a ripped piece from a pastel drawing. I also added a few pieces of paper here and there from different sources, to add a complementary color and texture. To finish my piece I wrote the word AMORE on silk paper, using India ink in a golden yellow and in red. Then, I ripped the borders by hand and glued the words down around my piece, in a way that you can't read the whole word at once.... Like love, it needs a little effort from both sides to be complete! Enjoy!

 
Amore
mixed media collage
8.5"h x 10.5"w
(c) Corina S. Alvarezdelugo

This piece, as well as cards made out of prints from this artwork are for sale at my Etsy Store

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

2 comments:

Karen Faulkner said...

Beautiful and perfect for today!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous, I love all the elements to it, especially the words!