Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Lover's Beach

This was one of my favorite beaches that we spent time on when we visited Kauai for our Anniversary. I took a reference picture specifically to paint this scene - though, I only knew the outline... I didn't see the story unfolding until I began painting. Thanks to a workshop with Ron Ranson, I'm no longer afraid to add people into my paintings, and thus - they can tell a story - and this one does. Come check it out in my shop "The Creators Palette". It's an original watercolor, 16"x12" painted on Arches cold press.

4 comments:

sojournquilts said...

Sweet! Looks like a very romantic place to walk!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!

artangel said...

It's a lovely painting and I agree, it looks like a beautiful peaceful place!

Lisabongzee ~ Island Dream Life said...

I like the addition of the people, as well. Great job!