Monday, March 2, 2009

Winter Isn't Over


As I sit here today, typing away some daily emails, updating some etsy posts, and thinking about my invitation to start posting to the VAST gallery blog, the snow continues to fall for another treacherous storm. Somehow I'm not bothered by the weather though, but rather, inspired! Inspired to stay home and paint, to look out my window at the bright white mess forming, to search for the birds who seemed to miss the indicators of this current weather pattern. And while I do this, I think, maybe, just maybe my little chickadee friend is perched in that tree near the hearty winter berry shrubs, scrounging for a little snack. Sorry folks....winter is not over yet! But to help celebrate....here's a new oil painting (and my first VAST blog post!)....'The Chickadee Tree'.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Lovely painting. Love those nice soothing cool colors with that dash of red. And who doesn't like chickadees. They're adorable.