Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Above the Tree Line (ACEO)



I hand painted some cardstock envelopes yesterday and had some scraps leftover. I hate throwing away even scraps, if I can help it. So, I made this mountain ACEO. It's cardstock embellished with cotton thread. Machine and hand stitched. The whole thing is sewn and adhered to 140lb watercolor paper for stability.

ACEO (Art Cards, Editions and Originals)
2.5 inches wide by 3.5 inches long
6.4 centimeters wide by 8.9 centimeters long

ACEOs, Fabric Collages, and Quilted Art Wall Hangings may be found in my shop.

Cheers!--Janyce
Sojourn Quilts
"A Resting Place Along Life's Journey"
Blog: What Shoes I Wear

3 comments:

Karen Faulkner said...

What a beautiful use of scraps! Hope you've got some extra quilts around to keep warm.

Art by Kristen Stein said...

Beautiful Janyce. I love the pastel palette.

Lynn Cyr said...

This is beautiful!!