Friday, December 19, 2008

Messenger

"Messenger" by Lea Keohane, 2008. All Rights Reserved.

I saw this beautiful owl in the park last month and just had to paint him (her?). This is actually the 2nd of two paintings I did, and I just may do a couple more :)

Entitled "Messenger," this painting is acrylic paint and ink on wood. I treated the wood with an acrylic medium before painting, and sealed the painting with another layer of glossy acrylic medium. That way you can still see the beautiful wood beneath the painting, and it has a nice shiny finish.

It measures 8" x 8" (20.5 x 20.5 cm). It comes unframed but has a wire and nail hangar on the back.

1 comment:

Karen Faulkner said...

This is so nice with the woodgrain, and I like the abstract elements mixed in with the more realistic owl.