Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Friendly Beasts

I am a papercutter from Vermont, currently making round mandalas, some to frame and some that have been laminated to hang in windows. Lately I have been cutting a lot of animals. You can see them in my Etsy shop (www.EmerlyeartsKirigami.Etsy.com) and on my art blog (www.EmeryeArts.blogspot.com)

The other day a stunning great blue heron came to visit me right outside my studio window. It walked back and forth in the stream for a half hour before sailing off. In its honor, I made a Heron papercut. Thank you Mother Nature.

I have also been cutting horses, reindeer, frogs, etc. Here are some of my newest horses:

3 comments:

Karen Faulkner said...

WOW!!!! They look amazing hanging in the window. What patience you must have!

Anonymous said...

I would have loved to have seen that. I used to live in a house that a heron flew over everynight. They are beautiful and so is your work.

Vita said...

beautiful! thats the least I can say