Saturday, November 1, 2008

New Watercolor Paintings from Kauai, Hawaii

"Pink Water Lillies" is an original watercolor with pen & ink painting measuring approximately 6.5"x8". These lovely water lillies were found on the grounds of the Kiahuna Plantation Resort in Poipu, Kauai! I spent the day with fellow photographer and friend, Tashi, capturing the beauty of this lovely garden known for its exotic cacti and orchids! It was a lovely day indeed! Photos can be viewed on my Blog at http://kauai-artist.blogspot.com/2008/09/virtual-tour-of-kauai-1.html


"Kauai Orchid Farm III" is an original watercolor with pen & ink painting measuring approximately 6"x8.25". The inspiration behind this painting comes from an orchid farm on Kauai's north shore in Kilauea. The farm was just a short walk away from the lovely cottage I was staying in on a short retreat from my daily life. It was a very relaxing and pleasant stay, and the surrounding garden was teeming with fresh oranges, grapefruit, and lemons!

I hope you have enjoyed the paintings. Have a warm and beautiful day.
Aloha from the Garden Island of Kauai!
Marionette

Etsy Store: www.kauaiartist.etsy.com
Website: www.kauai-artist.net
Blog: www.kauai-artist.blogspot.com

9 comments:

Smoky Glow Studios said...

Aloha indeed~ KauaiArtist!!
Love your new post, very gorgeous watercolors. The way you use the color blue is really beautiful, that dark 'prussian' blue color is my favorite, you use it well, the midtones are lovely. I look foward to reading up on your blog.

Karen Faulkner said...

Gorgeous! I wish I could smell them.

ceevee said...

These are lovely!

Lisabongzee ~ Island Dream Life said...

BEAUTIFUL ! I always enjoy our work, Marionette. Wish the ferry went to Kauai, that would be my next vacation. Maybe I will still get there some day! Aloha !

Lisabongzee ~ Island Dream Life said...

I meant to say "YOUR" work.
hee hee. :O)

Robin Pedrero said...

That orchid has captured my attention. The design elements are strong yet you maintained the softness of flowers. I strongly like this palette.

Marionette said...

Thanks for all of the wonderful comments! The artists' work in the VAST blog is top notch! I thoroughly enjoy viewing everyone's art. Keep up the great work!!!

Lynn Cyr said...

This is very nice!!! What great work you have...

Schar Freeman said...

I love this one!
:)♥