Saturday, November 28, 2009


This is my latest mixed media canvas. I'm not normally drawn to pink but I do quite like this raspberry shade!

I've used all sorts of ephemera in this piece - acrylic paints, as well as collaged paper, lace, ribbon, buttons, and a little wooden key.

The four hearts are made of wood, and are a little raised from the canvas, giving a slightly 3D effect.

The canvas measures 8” X 8" X 0.6" approx (20 x 20 x 3.75 cm approx.) and you can see it in all it's glory here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not normally drawn to pink either, but you carried it off here beautifully! BTW, I have your butterflies displayed in a spotlight where I can admire and enjoy them daily.

artangel said...

Thank you Stephanie! And how lovely to think of my butterfly canvas in the spotlight! I have your beautiful flower painting on my dining room wall :)