Friday, August 29, 2008


Thoreau"5" x 7" oil pastel/acrylic painton canvas panelToday's "peace " painting is of Henry David Thoreau. People may ask , "what does he have to do with peace, after all wasn't he the guy that live as a hermit in the woods". Well yes, that is the Thoreau most of us know about but there was the Thoreau that wrote "Civil Disobedience " as well.He thought we should be true to ourselves and our own moral ideals of right and wrong, and that we should uphold those morals even if it meant going against laws that were unjust.Some of my favorite quotes of his are below.
(Click on painting above to go to my Etsy store)
"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around."
"It is not enough to be busy. So are the ants. The question is: What are we busy about? "
and
"I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he had imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours"
Today my blog enter is short the sun is out here and my garden calls for my attention. Beans and blackberries are on the harvest list today.Have a great day!
You can learn more about my "Peace of Art a Day " Project at http://hillbillyartist.blogspot.com

No comments: